Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cupcakes, Graphic Recipes and Yvette Van Boven


Cupcakes are invited to all the best birthday parties. So true! Cakes are a given at a birthday party but with cupcakes, the cake goes personal. As a kid I wasn't very happy at getting "a piece of cake". I was happier having a simple cupcake finding solace in the fact that I have the whole cup "cake" to myself. I am still as selfish when it comes to a cupcake.

Yvette's blog is full of such visual foodie delights. (She even has a font to her name!) Her illustrated recipes are much more than A Dummies Guide to Cooking. I hope she has a cookbook mapped on her hectic calendar. I can imagine it being full of such lovely graphic recipes:


Even as a food stylist her work goes beyond the ordinary. Like the make-up cake for Elle's 20th birthday. I'm hooked on to this one. To know more about Yvette's work, visit http://yvettevanboven.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. HEY! How nice Snigdha!
    I just found your message on my blog (I must have missed it, silly!)
    Thank you for quoting me!
    The cookbook is almost finished, but it will be in Dutch first...

    ReplyDelete